Full-Time positions open as of July 8, 2021:
Office Administrator - This position includes overseeing the firm’s operating needs, making daily contributions that are critical to the success of the firm and providing clients with excellent online and phone-based customer service. This position is the friendly face of the firm, greeting the clients on the phone or in person, ensuring requests are noted, and sent to the appropriate person to address and follow up, as necessary. Communication is essential in this job; a clear and effective communication style is necessary. The ability to work as part of a team - including as a leader - is important, as is the ability to analyze, problem solve and offer guidance. This position requires someone who is organized and can balance multiple projects at once.
This position maintains the office administration and supports the firm’s operations which include, but are not limited to, the following duties:
- Manages staff schedules, including setting up appointments/meetings. Updates calendars on a regular basis.
- Answers incoming calls in a professional manner, transfers to appropriate person, takes messages if required, or helps, as applicable.
- Obtains as much information as possible from the client on initial phone call and follow-ups to keep interruptions to the Firm at a minimum.
- Monitors and screens mail, emails, voicemails, and web uploads; delegates information based on urgency and priority.
- Maintains current workflow processes and aids in firm organization, to include filing systems, data management, purging, copying, archiving, etc.
- Schedules and prepares for meetings, including creating an agenda, distributing meeting summaries and communicating to all invitees and attendees (if applicable).
- Manages UPS / FEDEX and outgoing mail.
- Maintains functioning of office; orders and stocks office, kitchen, and shipping supplies, maintains, and distributes company phone list.
- Oversee the Firms third-party copy and facility vendors, including contract negotiations.
- Manages the client information and documents for tax and accounting projects.
- Assist with monthly billing, collections, and mailings; maintain a working knowledge of collections and billing as part of day-to-day contact with clients.
- Maintain a broad knowledge and understanding of IT operating systems and software, including systems, software and applications used in the Firm environment.
- Daily time entry and maintaining assigned tasks using time and project management program. Review staff time and firm project management overview.
- Other projects and tasks assigned to position as they arise which are within the scope of the position and the individuals’ ability to successfully complete. Ability to handle deadlines and work under pressure is vital.
- Prior tax firm experience and/or prior tax preparation experience.
- Associates or Undergraduate Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- QuickBooks Online & Desktop.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years office management or similar administrative experience.
- Extensive Microsoft Office knowledge and proficiency.
- Above average knowledge of, or experience with, Tax Software (general), and/or Thomson Reuters suite of software (preferred).
- Professionalism and ability to be discreet with confidential and sensitive issues & information.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise, and articulate manner - Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and technological skills, as well as good problem-solving abilities.
- Previous extensive customer service experience.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented and efficient.
- Ability to respond quickly and calmly to resolve a customer request or complaint.
- Positively contributes to the team on a regular basis.
- Offers to assist with additional tasks and asks for help when needed.
For more info or to apply, please submit a cover letter, your resume, and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staff Accountant - The ideal candidate will be responsible for timely and accurate preparation of accounting data in a variety of areas including bookkeeping, financial reports and tax services. It is essential that this candidate brings analytical, organizational, and strong problem solving skills.
- Experience with UltraTax or other tax software.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online & Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles.
- Thorough knowledge of basic Financial Statements.
- Excellent customer service/communication skills.
- Professional demeanor and office etiquette.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Detail oriented and efficient.
- Ability to learn new programs and processes.
- Must be a team player and willing to take direction.
Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitor, review and verify accounting records and transactions.
- Review and analyze reports for accuracy in the preparation of financial statements.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies, agency rules and regulations and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Examine accounts, records and compute taxes owed according to current laws and regulations.
- Preparation of federal and state tax forms and returns.
- Assist in the development of financial projections and forecasts.
- Ability to provide QuickBooks support to clients.
- Posting necessary year-end adjusting journal entries.
- Understanding and preparing bank reconciliations.
*The company reserves the right to add or change duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 2-5 years of QuickBooks and Tax experience within the last 5 years
All positions offer a competive salary & benefits package.
Eskew & Associates, CPAs is an equal opportunity employer.